Early fall?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I see a lot of yellow leaves in the trees and a too many on the ground for this time of year.

Results of the drought? Are we going to get a big drop early?
  2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

It's really wet here. Been raining everyday. A lot.
    BUT the Crepe Myrtles are dropping leaves as well as some maples that I see while out working.
    The slow season won't be here too soon for me!
    Really wish some of you people dealing with drought conditions were getting some of this rain.
    I'm tired of it.
  3. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I was going to post the same thing on here just now! Mowed my last lawn today and a few trees had dropped a lot already. Seemed to be stress induced, because they were dropping while green and slightly wilted, a few yellows though. I hope its early this year, I could use a little break from mowing dormant grass... :)
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Ive noticed a lot of trees are dropping leaves right now. I think its just a sign of stress.
  5. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

thanks yall........i been wondering the same thing too
  6. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

Trees here are droping also. I think I am going to have to start leaf removal early. I ahve a few accounts i have done once a month or less. I am lucky though, I am a part timer at this and all my equipment is paid for. My prayers are with you full time guys.
  7. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Trees are dropping here already. Man i need my trac vac already. Summer season sucked here. No rain water ban and things are just not going my way. O well trying to make up for it with leaf work. We'll see.
  8. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

I've noticed leaves starting to fall around here too. Not much rain at all oh.