Early mornings?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cleancutccl, Mar 15, 2005.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

What time do you guys start in the mornings? I'm talking in residential areas. Usually I go to the commericial accounts first because noone is there sleeping, but when you don't have a commercial account for that day of the week and only have residentials scheduled. I feel pretty safe starting at around 9 am, but somedays with the workload I'd like to get going at least by 8am. This idea is probably asking for complaints from homeowners, but what does everyone else do?

2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

i start at 7am. time to wake up.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, somebody else started this exact same thread like 3 days ago, most be winter :)

4. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

8 am is OK I think especially on weekdays.
    EHO

5. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Same here for residential.

6. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I say 9am, it gives the grass time to dry up from the morning dew....that's what time I start....

7. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

the earlier the better right now it light a 615 here, but normally we do residentals about 8

8. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

You are lucky there. The dew her usually does not burn off until noon-1. The first half of our day is always a battle with wet grass.

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I start between 7 and 7:30 every day. All I do are residentials and nobody complains. For you folks that
    wait for the dew to lift.......you need to get a Hustler. Dew don't slow me down.

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Your Hustler don't clump in wet grass?