early order pre w/fert prices now

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Nov 8, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

UAP called today with pricing. Then I called my local LESCO friends, and they gave me pricing too. Looks like we'll be choosing either Dimension, Stonewall (LESCO's formulation of Barricade), or Barricade. I'll have to sit down and compare labels & rates:confused: before I order.

Early order discounts are now available, as well as early delivery options.

Keep in mind that if you wait too long, you might pay more.:hammerhead:

Anybody else placing orders soon? rscvp, thanks:usflag:

2. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I bought 10 pallets of fert/merit last December. As well as 10 Fert/Dim

I almost fainted come June when I found out how much the price of Merit had dropped.

But I must say Lesco stepped up and gave me a store credit card for the difference.

Now I got a new Magnum

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

waiting to see what will come of the merger at lesco

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

You better order within the next 30 days, cuz the outlook ain't pretty. Looks like we'll be paying nearly a buck a bag more compared to last year. I think we can thank left-wingers for opposing access to the Alaska oil fields.

We charge a buck more per bag to our local friends, cuz they still save big money compared to buying it on their own.

5. (wi) Roots

(wi) Roots LawnSite Member
    from 9

I placed down Stonewall.

6. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like Lesco (Deere) is doing away with their early order program. Prices from all suppliers are going up. We'll be ordering our Barricade from Shaw's again this year. They have a nice program with net terms by June 1, 2008 with a 10% discount.
    American... have you had good luck with UAP? We never did out this way. They we're always higher than Lesco or Shaw's.

7. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

We allready recived the price increase in Florida. They hit me when we allready had an aggrement in place was a real shocker Monday morning. We were hit with a 3$ increase per bag. I bitched enough to get it lowered to a much better rate.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i have heard that also hope they Honor the price

9. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Ordered 3 semi loads of various ferts for '08 two weeks ago. One semi load split between barricade and dimension. Locked in very fair prices, in some cases cheaper than this year, in some cases a small amount more, but not bad. The way crude is going, you never know.

10. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

I would recommend if you like the price offered you book your product. I've been told quotes now might not be honored 2 months from now let alone in the spring. Like one of my suppliers said "if you can guarantee my cost wont go up I'll gaurantee your price." Unfortunately we all know the answer to that.