early order

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by GreenI.A., Mar 17, 2013.

1. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

Got the early order email from the guys in omaha, seems like we just finished pulling lights down and I'm already pricing out stock for 8 months from now

2. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to try this new Halloween lightlink out. 12 cases to see if they bring in a few oct sales

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

i was thinking of trying them for my own house maybe, and I have a couple customers who do a lot of halloween decorating, they might be interested

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Been working on early orders for a month now. It's not as simple as it used to be.,,,,,

I was thinking of the pumpkin links at my house as well. I have not found a real market Halloween decorations tho. Too short of a season and people don't want to pay even 4 or 500 for the month
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Another challenge for October is most of us guys down south are still working full force and can't spare guys for installs. It's a pain to load up a trailer with all your install stuff just to do a little work.

6. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I was surprised to see the annual event will be in Houston this year and not in boring NE. I went to the Texas Nursery and Landscape Expo last August in Houston for several days to get my pesticide applicator credits. Hopefully the event is downtown and not in the burbs some place. You can walk to all kinds of stuff from the hotels downtown. It takes me about three hours to get to Houston.

7. Irrigation Contractor

Irrigation Contractor LawnSite Senior Member

I agree.

We actually run strong doing irrigation and very strong in the fall months for lighting all the way to Christmas. We have trouble getting customers to winterize soon enough so I can put my service techs on the Christmas Lights.

This is why we only do a very limited amount of customers for holiday work. We really do not need it, but more so we enjoy doing something different plus we have VIP customers that almost demand it. LOL