Early season specials

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Jan 18, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Hi,
    Since its early season a myriad of dealers offer early season specials. I am thinking of purchasing either a 48" Encore or 48" Exmark, both belt drive mowers. The Encore is about 200bucks cheaper, which one would u buy?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If the encore was $1500 cheaper, I wouldn't buy it. I have both types and encore will never happen again. Young, stupid mistake.

Will only buy exmark in the future.

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We have been exclusive users of Exmark since we traded in our Scag's the first winter after we entered into the Landscape Management business five years ago.

Heck we outlasted our dealer ,,, LOL. Seriously though, I think for the money in belt drives that Exmark is the best bang for the buck.

Kris

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Has anyone noticed the interest in encore mowers lately? I know we talk about other mowers often, but encore just didn't come up much until lately.

Just a thought.

5. kutnkru

I think that the sticker price is obviously raising some eyebrows about a potentially inexpensive way to get your foot thru the door until you can afford to upgrade.

Personally, if I was just starting out again I would start out with High-End Residential clients and run a 36" wb until I could afford or justify a larger deck mower.

I would also limit my choice for units to a Bobcat or Exmark machine for weight purposes and save the expense of larger units to use as operating capital.

Just my .04
    Kris

6. kutnkru

Landscaper Supply

This outfit also has an introductory offer to new contractors. You can purchase a 36/48/52 wb,line trimmer,and bp blower starting from about $2400.

Kris

7. Eric Green

Eric Green LawnSite Member

Hey Kris, are they national or just in your area?

8. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

ExMark all the way...get a 48", don't bother with the 36"...unless you really need it. They are only $100 diff.

9. kutnkru

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic