Early Toro Timemaster 30 review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smallstripesnc, Feb 29, 2012.

1. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

Hello everyone,

As some of you know I only use small mowers on my lawn and was planning to use the new Toro Timemaster 30 as my main unit.

I just picked it up yesterday and right after getting it I had two properties to try it on. Both are fescue lawns and we're decently high and one the front yard is very hilly.

The mower performed great in all conditions and I was surprised at how easily the mower pulled and how well it cut.

Today I got to try it on a new property and the grass was once again fescue and very high and thick. The mower handled it well and didn't bog down or anything it just sounded like it always does.

So far I'm impressed and I don't see why a lot of people are saying a ton of negative comments about this mower. It seems to be a solid unit and I believe with regular maintenance it'll do fine for commercial work.
  2. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the review. Although it does have a few short falls I feel it could be a very productive machine for the small amount of money it cost. Please keep us updated.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Let us know when you have 500-600hrs on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. PremierT&L

PremierT&L LawnSite Member

At that price you could just replace it at 500 hours. We are looking closely at these mowers b/c we have a number of neighborhoods with very small yards. Seems like a good mower in between the 21 and 36. We are also looking at the Ybravo 25.

Thanks for the review.
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

What engine does it have? Where did you purchase it?
  6. frameslawn

frameslawn LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Sounds good, cant wait to hear more feedback about this unit as I dont start mowing here for another 5-6 weeks.
  7. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the situation. My Grandstand is a bit much for some properties and I have a few fenced in yards where the
    narrow gates won't even allow a 36". A pushmower is not very productive, right now I use a 33" craftsman which has been surprisingly durable over the years, but I am not happy with the cut quality. The Toro interests me because of how light and nimble it seems to be.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. shadetreelawns

shadetreelawns LawnSite Member

9. chobley

chobley LawnSite Member

I look foward to hearing how it holds up..
    I use a residential toro 22" for lots of stuff and I ended up stripping two sets of rear tires last year . Drove me nuts ! I hope the design or parts are made better on the 30"..
  10. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

What is the engine on it?