1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

early xmas gift

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 18, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, another one of these, "can you cut my grass" , but it's covered with leaves arguments. i quit grasscutting at her house. it was mid october, the leaves were falling, and i don't pick up leaves for the price of a grasscut. i asked her if she needed leaf removal, she said no. ok, see ya. she calls like 3 weeks ago, "i need you to cut my grass again." ok, i go over there, i run the machine over it, weedwack, leave a horrible mess, and start packing up. she's just pulling in from the store. i'm just leaving. she sees the mess, " what is this?" of course i charge her like a rabid pitbull, "this is your grasscut. i hope you like it." "no, no, i need this mess cleaned up." i say, " WELL, THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR! you asked for the grass to be cut, it's cut! if you wanted a cleanup, you SHOULDA ASKED FOR A CLEANUP. it's alot more money, i'm not a mind reader you know!!!" she says, in a shaky voice, "please clean the leaves?' i say, "ok, but, now i have to unload again, i'm charging for a grasscut, AND a cleanup." i proceed. while i'm in the backyard, she comes out with a box, with a big red ribbon on it. i say, "what's this?" she says, "it's for you." i say, "is it ticking?" she says, "no, it's a xmas gift for you." i say, "well, leave it on the picnic table, i'll take it when i leave. thank you very very much." and there is my HAPPY story for the day

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what is in the box???? :)

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

So what was in the box? Could have been a steaming big pile of dog crap! Theres your merry christmas pit bull LMAO

Mac

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Mother Goose couldn't have told a better tale herself....haha :rolleyes:

5. tiedeman

from earth

is that your only "Happy" story of the day that you get from dealing with customers?

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

pretty much. it was a wallet. a dockers wallet

7. tiedeman

from earth

to keep all the money in it that she claims you ripped off from her for mowing right? :)

8. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

Bobby,

That was a beautiful story.

I never had a client wrap anything for me, but I got pizza for lunch once. :)

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My guess would have been it was a brand new, shiny shovel with a big red bow tied on the end LOL.

10. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Did the sweet little old lady change the pit bulls heart from one of stone, with her thoughful Xmas gift? More importantly, did she PAY FULL PRICE for the cleanup! :)

Mike