1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Earth & Turf Trueflo 24D push top dresser

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by djagusch, Apr 7, 2013.

1. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

So I was at a auction couple weeks ago and bought a Earth & Turf Trueflo 24D top dresser for a whopping $10. Doesn't even looked used, tires seem new, etc. Guessing someone bought it and didn't like it or use it. I new what it was when I put the one and only bid on it. Nobody else really had a clue I think since it retails pretty high (over $700 from some posts on hear).

Anyone ever use one? I was thinking of using it to spot topdress from turf tears from mowers, etc. Really don't think it was meant to do a whole lawn unless it was very small.

Any input would be great. Also anyone know of a good compost supplier in the MN Metro area?

2. cjoverma

cjoverma LawnSite Member

If you don't want it and want to make some cash off of it. I would be willing to buy it if it is in good condition bc we want to try topdressing but don't want to invest thousands in equip before I knowit works

3. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

That was my complete thought also and why I bought it. It was so cheap and looks brand new. Figured I could try offering the service besides the wheel barrow and shovels method. If I get results and more jobs I would by a bigger unit.