Earthboost, application slide show

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by ICT Bill, Jul 8, 2008.

1. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Check out the new slide show my buddy John Engwar at groundscapes express has put up on his site. This is a screened compost mixture applied from a mulch spreader truck.

They make and screen the compost themselves, I believe this is an 1/8 inch minus product. look quick and effecient for sure. looks like you can go as fast as you can walk

http://www.groundscapesexpress.com/earthboostslideshow/earthboostslideshow.htm

2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow...That Is one efficient way of spreading compost!

A good man On the end of that hose could feather that compost in just like painting a picture...I Like It...and It does mulch...great riggens

Daner

3. Elden

Elden LawnSite Member

only problem is that a rig like that cost like 100K.

4. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

a supply company has a sister company company, Mulch Man, who has one of those machines here. I drool every time I go by there. I haven't thought about using it for compost though...

5. ICT Bill

They are expensive

I'll bet you could pick up a used one for cheap right about now, if you had the cash.

That is one of those purchases that you do the math on, ok 6 jobs a day, 5 days a week, lets see.... 4 weeks per month, 12 months per year

IT WILL TAKE ME HOW LONG TO BREAK EVEN????

6. DeepGreenLawn

that is true, I was wanting to ask how long it did a 5K size lawn top dressing with a wheel barrel and shovel. If you had that you could get it done in no time, and save your back. How much is your back worth?

7. DeepGreenLawn

I wander if you could rent one out? That might be an idea, get one and rent it out to companies to use, or do the work for them and they pay you. Hmmm....

8. ICT Bill

If you look at some of their other things on there John is very innovative. He has the wives of some of his workers sewing the burlap socks for his silt fence replacement called a filter mitt. They use the machine to blow it in the sock

They spray down course compost to keep soil from moving in construction areas, especially effective around water, it holds the top soil very well.

John and company are real innovators, if you ever get the chance to meet him, take it, they have tried some wild stuff

many of these things are EPA approved and these guys made it happen

Yeah for groundscapes express
    :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

9. stimpy

stimpy LawnSite Member

I think somebody on here said they rented a insulation blower from home depot and ran compost through it.

10. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

I almost got a truck like that, got a house instead!!, finn makes a smaller one thats 35K.......... next year........