1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Earthway 2170 good enough for a homeowner?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by CRUZMISL, Mar 4, 2006.

1. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

I'm tired of the cheap Scotts garbage. The Earthway looked like a great spreader at a decent price ($150). Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Have not seen those anywhere, you might want to take a look at lesco though. Saw a real nice spreader on the back of a fert truck the other day that was made by them.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

a homeowner does not need to spend the $400.00 for a lesco.

yes, the earthway will do fine. just make sure you wash it very well after eash use, and spray some wd-40 on all the metal parts after you wash it.

4. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I purchased the 2170 last year and let me tell you... that thing is awsome! You can dump 2 x 50lb bags in it and "off you go".

I got it here: http://www.earthway-outlet.com/2170.htm You may be able to find one cheaper at a tractor supply or someplace like that, I'm really not sure who carries them.

I don't remember exactly, but I think it may have gone up $20.00 or so. I will tell ya the instructions are a terrible, so it takes a while to put together.

If mine broke, I'd but another one tomorrow!