Earthway 2170 Spreader

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by lawnstriper23, May 25, 2006.

1. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if anybody has feedback regarding this spreader? I am currently trying to find a nice spreader that doesn't have the plastic wheels and it easy to operate. I currently have the Scotts Edgeguard spreader and that works fine, but the tires are something I am not so fond of. I just used the Scotts last night and it is just too much work pushing that thing through the tall grass (I tend to keep the grass a bit longer in the Spring). Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.............:usflag:

2. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

I've got the 2150...it's great.:usflag:

3. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I bought the 2170 last year. It's a bugger to get together but it's been a great unit.

Do a search here.

4. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

If you do a search here on Lawnsite, you'll see favorable reports on the 2170. But this one runs about $170 and I believe it was you who indicated you were looking for something a lot less expensive. I don't know if you are aware of it, but Earthway also has a cheaper verision and with pneumatic tires that cost about $90, and it holds 80 lbs. Maybe this would be more in line with what you want.

Here's a place that sell it for that much.

http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/product.asp?T1=106231&UID=200605251122287342722933

5. lawnstriper23

I found the 2170 for $100 out the door and it is brand new so that's why I am looking at that model. I might just take the plung and buy it since I did a search and nothing but good things were mentioned about it. Now I gotta convince Sears to take back the Scotts speader. That outta be fun :) Thanks for everybodies input.............

6. LarryF

That's really a bargain! What store is that? Maybe they'll send me one if I send them a check.

7. lawnstriper23

8. LarryF

Well, I ordered one tonight and I'll send the cashiers check out to him tomorrow AM. Turned out to be $75 + $30 for shipping. I had seen a different web site that wanted about $170 + S&H charges, and this afternoon I had visited a local store here in NJ where it was $185 + tax. I usually shy away from ebay stuff, but this seems almost too good to be true. I'll post the results of how things turn out after it arrives, just in case others may be interested in getting one.

9. lawnstriper23

Larry, I am glad to hear that you got this great deal. I never made it up to return my Scott's spreader last night, but am going to do so this morning. I noticed that the Ebay seller doesn't have any more listings for the Earthway spreader, but I have emailed to see if they have any more. If they don't have any more I will need to ask you to send me the one you bought because I was the one who told you about the deal :rolleyes: Just kidding, I am sure they have more because I checked past auctions and ther has been many sold by this seller.

10. LarryF