Earthway broadcast spresder

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by anderson lawn, Feb 18, 2002.

1. anderson lawn

anderson lawn LawnSite Member

Anyone had any experience with a Earthway M21 12-volt electric broadcast spreader?

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a spiker is your question earthway specific?

3. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Right now I am wanting to buy a 12 volt spreader too. I have been leaning toward the Lesco model with the funky pull-on, pull-off control. It seems to be inexpensive compared to the Spyker at $500.

I learned that the Earthway M-21 gate control has a spring on it which must be held open when using it. Anyone out there have one? Is this right or wrong?

4. 1grnlwn

If you are using ZTR wouldn't you need 3 hands. Anything can be rigged with levers, cord or solenoids.

5. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

You’re right, but to operate the Lesco spreader I was planning to tie a loop in the cord and put it around my ankle so I could operate it with my leg. I know it sounds funny<G>, I think it will work. I just won’t use it that much to justify spending double for one of the others. What they all should have is a good foot operated cable control.

6. 1grnlwn

My Spiker control is right in front of me. Just take one hand off of stick and flip on or off.