Earthway electric spreader on my Z

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tpirobert, Mar 9, 2001.

1. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

Just received my Earthway 12v spreader via mail this week. Hope to get it installed on front of my Toro Z by next week. I plan on using it on larger properties. I got mine from http://www.earthway-outlet.com/ Their prices seem pretty good and have other Earthway spreaders as well. Anybody else using similar Earthway 12v electric set-up?

2. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

How much was it if you dont mnd my asking?

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Just mounted a Lesco spreader on the front of my Chariot, works great for them big lawns. Should have did it a long time ago. I'll post a pic if I can later. Mine was $299.00

Ocutter prices are here https://secure.ls.net/secure/earthway/index.htm

[Edited by KirbysLawn on 03-10-2001 at 05:47 AM]

4. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I have been planing on getting the Earthway 12v for sometime. Northern had it for $199.00 plus $50.00 bucks for the mount. They say 100lb capacity in the catalog, but I seen it in A.M Lenard listed at 225lb capacity.

I think it looks like a very good deal.

5. tpirobert

Earthway spreader with mounting kit and shipping cost me $295. Have not had chance to mount yet. Will do so before spreading fert at factory I maintain. I am done with current apps on all my other properties for now. Wait a minute...what about my own lawn?

6. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

Rob- which model did you get...the M21? Does it look like the mounting kit will attach easily. I was thinking of buying a Spyker model but they are approx $800.00.

7. tpirobert

I purchased the M21 model. It has one big whoppin hopper. I don't anticipate any problem with installing. I am going to clamp a piece of square tubing across the front caster arms and attach the universal mounting bracket to that. I could attatch it to the front weight bar, but it would sit too low I think and be too much weight on those bolts. I bought a 15 gallon 12v spray unit with boom today that I will adapt to same bracket as spreader (boom mounted on back ). When all is said and done I will have a cuttin,spreadin,sprayin,aerating mean profit makin machine! And I will sit on my skinny butt the whole time.

8. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Robert,

Sounds exactly where I want to be heading. I planned on using the receiver hitch so it could be used on a pickup if really wanted to in the future. I like your idea for the sprayer. I have a 25 gallon pull behind boom that I was goint to rig up like you stated, but never thought of using same mount just for the tank and pump. Great idea! Could you post a pics of it when done?

9. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

Sounds good ! I 'd like to see a picure of that myself!

10. tpirobert

OK, I'll post pics when done...sans my skinny butt.