earthway spreader.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Evan528, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Does anybody own the earthway c24r 100lb spreader? I treat about 25 lawns. I currenlt have a 50lb earthway low end (95dollar) model with is junk! Is the "professional" c24r reallr professional duty? My first choice is a lesco but they are 340 bucks compared to the earthway ay 189 at alamia! Im not ussually cheap like this when it comes to buying equipment but i have spend a abundant amount of money in the past year and have to draw the line somewhere. What do you think?

2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a C22R and it is definitely a better, heavier duty unit than an old low end EarthWay I have ($90.00 range, probably same one you're talking about). Not as good as my Stainless Spyker, but it'll do for the smaller jobs (that model only holds 50# compared to the C24R).

3. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use a C24SS Earthway in my company, it's basically the same as the C24R, except that it's stainless steel. They are not as rugged as the Lesco models, but I think they are easier and more comfortable to use. For 25 lawns, the C24R will do just fine.

Scott

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I've got the earthway c24, plastic hopper, no stainless. Great unit, no complaints. I do about 150 accounts. Dave g

5. mmorgan

mmorgan LawnSite Member

I use earthway spreaders, the 24SS and the pull type.Both are excellent. Something to consider is accuracy. I feel that the earthways are of the most accurate ones on the market. If you plan on doing this for a ong time though, I would spend the extra now and get the ss model. It will last forever.

6. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I got the small stainless spyker for about $120 from greenlinedist.com. It's great for the smaller places and the hopper is stailess with sealed gears and pneumatic tire. not a bad deal. I went to this after the cheapo earthway was returned for losing calibration all the time.

jeffyr

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone use the 12Volt earthway M21? how do you like it?In the fall 2000 Northern catalog it is in there for 199-it is no longer available form them-the best price Ive seen now is 247-anyone know where its cheaper?

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Today i finally broke down and bought a lesco. I wound of getting the 80 pounder! whatta beast! Stainless steal, 13 inch tires... easy calibration... this thing should (better) last me forever considering it cost be over 300 dollars! ;)