Earthway spreader??

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jbailey52, Mar 13, 2006.

1. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone used these? im looking at the 2050p model. Only $80 looks heavy duty. Anyway it will be used in the business, but not to hard. So what is everyones opinions??

2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

You get what you pay for. I don't think I could stand the hard plastic wheels for starters. Then take into consideration the overall construction. That model is for homeowners with large properties; not commercial use.

3. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I had one of those back in the day.I even got the one they call commercial rubber tires and so on.I had a lot of problems hard to calibrate and figure it out.It sure did rust quick.I would go with the Lesco spreader I know it is alot more money but I have had mine for 6 years now and she still keeps bringing papa home the bacon.

4. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

no hard plastic tires only use rubbers hehe. i have used several kinds fertaliser kills all of them. the hard tires are a joke though

5. jbailey52

Yea, the model Im talking about doesnt have plastic tires... has no tube inflated tires

6. work_it

http://www.earthway.com/2050su.htm <~ This is the model you are talking about, no? Read out loud to yourself, "heavy-duty POLY wheels". Now take a moment, breath deep, here comes the news flash....POLY IS PLASTIC. :hammerhead::dizzy: Once again, you get what you pay for.

7. jbailey52

I appologize, im only halfway through my semester of polytics..... sorry for the mistake.. but I guess you do have to be a dusche bag to respond on this site.. seems you fit the mold.. all I was looking for was people opinions BEFORE I buy this, which I havent yet.

8. Shultz

Shultz LawnSite Member

No, it has pneumatic tires...http://www.earthway.com/2050p.htm
    High volume 1,900 cu. in. capacity poly hopper will hold up to 80lbs. of fertilizer
    120 lb load bearing capacity chassis
    Rate control setting located high on the handle for precise adjustments
    Commercial quality gearbox with enclosed gears ensures years of trouble-free use
    Large 4.10/3.50x10" pneumatic wheels for easy rolling
    Fully assembled in box with full size folding handle with foam grip for instant setup and use

not everyone knows it all...

9. work_it

You did get opinions and advice, but you're either too dense or too immature to recognize it. Maybe that's why people like me respond the way we do to people like you. If you think that everyone on this site who attempts to help you by responding to your question is a "dusche bag", then maybe you need to seek advice elsewhere. Maybe your "Polytics" professor can help you.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. jbailey52

Hey work it.. got somethin for you to look at:...

pneu·mat·ic: Filled with air, especially compressed air: a pneumatic tire.

Hmm... plastic tires??? POLY TIRES???? :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: Once again... ****** bag!

Maybe you should RE READ the post.. and think a little bit.. and you would be talking about the SAME SPREADER.. dickface