easier way to unload your truck

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by vfig777, May 4, 2005.

1. vfig777

vfig777 LawnSite Member

Just thought I recommend something for the guys with regular pickup trucks. I have a small landscaping company and own a mid size nissan P/U. Its a pain in the but when I have to unload a truck full of dirt/mulch/stones etc. I finally decided to purchase one of those Loadhandlers that you see advertised on TV and wish I did so sooner. It realy does save a lot of time. I can unload a yard of dirt in less then 30secs, no lie. I just did a retaining wall and had a bobcat bucket full of stone dropped in my truck. Instead of shoveling the stone into a wheelbarrow, I unloaded the stone in the barrow in about 10 sec's.
    There are 2 fabric mats to choose from (1 can handle 2500lbs and the other is around 2000lbs). I went with the heavier one. For $160 bucks, it was well worth it.
    Hope this helps someone

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

I just checked out their website and it looks like it would save a bunch of time unloading grass mulch etc. Quick question, since I am always looking to build a better mouse trap. Can you use a cordless impact gun to operate the crank on the tailgate? If you can. please post some pics of the mechanism that moves the tarp.
  3. surfisher211

surfisher211 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

yea those things are aw some i just need to reach deeper into my pocket to get one lol maybe this week i will make the move :)
  4. vfig777

vfig777 LawnSite Member

You probably could modify the unit to use a impact gun but I think it would be a waste of time and money.
  5. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Your idea of the impact gun is good. There are solar cover reels or saftey covers for pools that use that principle. Check the internet. However, I would stick with a cordless drill that has a lot of torque. Wouldn't an impact gun damage the roller unit? Also, I would like to see this unit in action. Where did you see it?
  6. vfig777

vfig777 LawnSite Member

Im not so sure a cordless drill would have enough power to turn a yard of dirt. I never saw it work in person but I did see a short clip on one of the sites. It showed someone unloading dirt and stones. I just took a chance and bought it