Easiest customers to add?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J Hisch, Dec 4, 2005.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

For those who offer maintenace and lawncare which customers do you feel are easiest to add and why? Lawncare or maintenance.?

This year I think we are going to stop calling on accounts for mowing(since everyone does) and just call them for lawncare applications, and then later let them know after securing the business that we offer maintenace also.
  2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I find that in my area that picking up mow jobs is the easiest way to go. I am located where most people do not have the time to mow. All adults in the house work, and most travel min. 45min to up to a couple of hours each way. We pick them up for maintainence and then sell them on our other services. Then again every area is different. You'll have to do what works best for you.
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

residential Lawn Maintenance is the easiest to pick up
  4. jasonnau

jasonnau LawnSite Senior Member

Why not offer everything?
  5. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

residentials in mid range developments. those homes that people are older coming from big homes (down sizing) and the young ones are leaving Apartments. Because the older ones cant do it and can afford the help and the young ones are less willing to do it and cant spare the time.
    my 2 cents
  6. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

the PITAs are easiest to add. :p
  7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel that ways sometimes.