east and west stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcunningham, Apr 21, 2007.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you make a point out of making your stripes go from east to west or vice versa.If so do you think that they stand out better that way do to sun rise and set is from east to west:confused:

2. smcunningham

these are east to west and I think there more profound then when I stripe the opposite way north to south

lslslslslslslslslslslslsl 021.jpg

lslslslslslslslslslslslsl 022.jpg

3. smcunningham

anybody have an opinion

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I used to stripe to the sun back in the day, don't do it too much anymore. I'm always changing the pattern to avoid rutting, so I never have the same pattern 2 weeks in a row. Usually try to change by at least 45 degrees each cut.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I do it which ever way looks the best regardless of compass heading.

6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i dont think it makes as much of a difference but you will see a difference in the same lawn at different times of the day. not sure if you blades are out of balance or your sulky is making a stripe

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

The issue here is to change direction every week so you aren't laying down the grass the same way every week

8. smcunningham

rodfather
    The issue here is to change direction every week so you aren't laying down the grass the same way every week
    I mow it @ 45 degree difference each week......Just wondering about the east west idea

DARICEK LANDSCAPING
    i dont think it makes as much of a difference but you will see a difference in the same lawn at different times of the day. not sure if you blades are out of balance or your sulky is making a stripe
    Its from my sulky

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

DARICEK LANDSCAPING
    Its from my sulky[/QUOTE]

number one reason why I switched to the proslide. the sulky always leaves tire marks down the middle. I always hated the look.