East Tennessee LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by F&SLawnCo, Dec 4, 2006.

1. F&SLawnCo

F&SLawnCo LawnSite Member

Hello fellow Vol fans. I've been in business in this area for about 2 years now and am wondering if I am in the ballpark on prices. I am a firmly against undercutting competition to "win" an account. I believe our work should speak for itself. Working together to raise the standard in the industry is the only way to ensure success for all of us. Anyway, wondering what others in the area from east Knoxville to West Morristown are charging for .5 acre residential full service (approx. 1 man hour) Thanks and enjoy your winter.

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I cut in west Knoxville but will try to help a bit. A lot will depend on what type of equipment you are using and the properties themselves. If you do a search you will find that per man hour pricing is all over the board from $35 to $100 per hour. That said, if you are using full sized commercial equipment you should be able to cut a .5 acre lawn in about 45 minutes on average. Pricing could vary from $35 - $60+. I would guess if it is an average property with an average amount of trimming, difficulty, etc that I would ask $45-$50. Hope this helps.

3. F&SLawnCo

F&SLawnCo LawnSite Member

Thanks sjessen. That is right about where I am at on pricing, and yes I am cutting with commercial equipment (Cub Cadet M60 Tank, 52" Lesco walk behind, 42" Cub Cadet walk behind, Echo blowers and trimmers). Thanks for the info. Have a Great Holiday!

4. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

Hey guys can any of you point me in a different direction for Workman's Comp. Insurance? Who do you guys use and what are your rates? Thanks

5. Mfishburn06

Mfishburn06 LawnSite Member

Would you wanna sale your west morristown properties ?