1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

East Texas Proscapes, LLC

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ETPRO, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Absolutly. That is what I was talking about when I said the 50 gallon skid I use as a nurse tank for the PG covering the same area as my 200 gallon skid pulling the hose with chemlawn/teejet gun.

When I have a large job, like the one I did the other day, I will use the 200 gallon tank as a nurse tank.
  2. Turf Dawg

I use both spray-able and granular. I generally use the granular on fert in June.
    I use Prodiamine liquid in spring and Simazine liquid in fall. You are right about it being thick but it sprays fine as long as you keep it mixed. Since my PG was down for most of the first round this year I used the WDG in my skid for price reasons. When the PG got fixed I bought some Pendulum 3.3 to mix in the 200 gallon skid for the large acreage areas and yes it does look like yellow spray paint coming out of the nozzles.

On pre emergents it matters more to me on the amount of water after the application. It does not matter if you are using granular, .5 gallon per K or 2-3 gallons per k. If it does not get watered in it is not going to work.
  3. ETPRO

ETPRO LawnSite Senior Member

Preach it. Sound spraying doctrine! I like it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. ETPRO

Dropped by the "Hill country" Job today to see it now that it's coming out. Still ready for the desert willows and threadleaf coreopsis' to come on out and bloom. Again, excited to see it later in the season.

5. ETPRO

A few more...

6. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

What are the tall red plants in the pots? We saw 1000s of them planted on the PGB turnpike in Dallas and my mom was asking me what they were.
  7. Turf Dawg

Common name is Red Yucca.
    They are not really a Yucca and wont poke the crap out of you like a Yucca but they are great in the heat and can survive without much attention. I love planting them in places without water in the Fall because they establish quick and can then make it through our summers with just normal rainfall. I just wish the blooms wpuld last longer.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. ETPRO

A little bed freshener we did for a customer in preparation for their weekend entertaining.... Azaleas were getting too much exposure towards the steps. Before & After...

9. ETPRO

I might add, we don't maintain this customer's yard. yet... Another mow, blow and go in town does.
  10. Rozell431

Rozell431 LawnSite Member

Nice sprayer!