Lawn Care Forum banner

East Texas Proscapes, LLC

70K views 245 replies 23 participants last post by  Woodman1 
#1 ·
Starting my picture thread for my company. Been in business for a while but decided to break out on my own. Was going to put up a few more pictures, but computer is not letting me. Will try again.

Plant Nature Natural landscape Tree Wood

See less See more
#6 ·
I did an ad campaign with my facebook page and phone # early in the year and got nothing but a couple "likes" from current customer's. Re-did the ad and put our website and got several emails and made new clients from them.... over $4k worth of new business from $140 worth of ads and website.

#9 ·
I graduated May 2010. Dr. Cummings was my advisor over the turfgrass concentration of the degree. However, I had Mrs. Fox, Dr. Wade, Dr. Kattes and Mrs. Shockey all as part of my degree program. I'm sure Fox, Wade and Kattes were there when you came through. Probably not cummings & shockey.

#10 ·
I started with kenworthy then when he went back to get his phd I went to kattes. Cummings was not there. You may have met ray Molina, who has been working on his masters, he and I graduated together. Wade was also there I can't believe he hasn't retired. Connie fox was awesome. When I was there the greenhouses and the turf plots were my project. That was a good time

#11 ·
Thats cool. Have you seen the turf plots since then? Cummings was getting some cool stuff going and getting funding to expand. Grown a lot from when I was there and so I can imagine it looks much different from when you were there.

#14 ·
Just got the upload thing figured out again. Anyways here's the East Texas Proscapes Train. Had to get some side mount boxes. Had heads and fittings everywhere inside the truck. Really happy with the job Performance trailers did on my trailer. 100% custom. They were running really behind on getting it done, but made it all right by upgrading me to LED lights. Something I can never justify the cost on but can appreciate the benefits of long bulb life.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

#17 ·
Thanks! Been really pleased with it and really like the side gate. This was my first side gate trailer and really like being able to load the 48" walk behind from the side. Gives me so much more extra space on the trailer. Will post more pictures tonight.

#19 ·
Nice trailer, you are starting out right! Why did you decide to go with low sides instead of 2" solid/mesh or 4' sides?
I will definitively get a side gate on my new trailer, works great with a 36" walkbehind.
We need to get you off of stihl :)
Mike
Was about 400 difference for the 2' expanded metal sides a little more for the solid 2' walls and I am just not a huge fan of the 4' sides when it comes time to fuel. It turns into a jungle gym act to fuel mowers on the trailer.

As for hand-helds whoever makes the dollars make sense is who's making it on my trailer. I have a fsx110 & fs250 weedeaters and a br350 blower that are 9 years old and haven't had to have them in the shop for any reason. Changed the air filter as needed, replaced a primer bulb and keep shafts greased. Figured that was $250 - $350 each that I have made back and then some with that long of a life. Now have a fc95 edger, br600 blower that make the trek out with us and love them too.

I love that trailer!!! How much did the UWS side boxes cost ya? If you dont mind me asking. All the green looks great.
Thanks! Boxes were like $210 a piece. 36" long boxes. Was all I could fit with the crossover already there.

Looking good, Ill PM you some of the stuff we have done.
Did you ever send a PM? I can't find where I can send PM. Didn't know if I can receive them or not.

#20 ·
Sorry for the dark picture. It was late.

Drove by this the other day... Want to say... Hort Lesson #42: More t-posts will not bring this tree back to life. Gotta give someone an A for effort for driving 8 tposts 3+ feet in the ground.

Cloud Sky Plant Leaf Branch

#21 ·
Was about 400 difference for the 2' expanded metal sides a little more for the solid 2' walls and I am just not a huge fan of the 4' sides when it comes time to fuel. It turns into a jungle gym act to fuel mowers on the trailer.

As for hand-helds whoever makes the dollars make sense is who's making it on my trailer. I have a fsx110 & fs250 weedeaters and a br350 blower that are 9 years old and haven't had to have them in the shop for any reason. Changed the air filter as needed, replaced a primer bulb and keep shafts greased. Figured that was $250 - $350 each that I have made back and then some with that long of a life. Now have a fc95 edger, br600 blower that make the trek out with us and love them too.

Thanks! Boxes were like $210 a piece. 36" long boxes. Was all I could fit with the crossover already there.

Did you ever send a PM? I can't find where I can send PM. Didn't know if I can receive them or not.
You do have a point on the 4' sides, that didn't even cross my mind.
I bring that up about stihl cause I just had to chunk a little over one year old 600 mag cause it dropped a valve, actually I traded it to someone for some other equip, but still highly disappointing.
I will send a PM, just haven't had time.
How many lawns do you have?

#23 ·
We currently maintain 10 (quarter to 2 acre yards) and 1 - 10 unit Townhome development. And 1 - 10 acre church campus. That mixed with an average of a $5,000 - $8,000sprinkler system or landscape install per week, I am really pleased with where we are as a brand new company. And really tired. Myself, one full time employee and 2 part time employees. We stay very busy.
Posted via Mobile Device

#24 ·
I might add that I have very good help, but these first few systems have been tough, just having to teach my help as we go. However, my full time is an electrician so that is very handy when it comes to troubleshooting, wiring and dropping plugs for controllers.
Posted via Mobile Device

#25 ·
Whipped through this one last friday. Myself and 1 hand. After pictures were taken Tuesday on our maintenance route. Had to stop back by and check over where the pile was where I drove the tractor for any stray rocks. Didn't want a hay-cutter finding them. Before and After. Filled and compacted washes, laid fabric and placed rock on top of that.

Cloud Plant Sky Ecoregion Tree

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Plant

Sky Plant community Natural landscape Tree Plant

Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape Road surface

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.