Eastern North Carolina LCO's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Indiana, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

This is to you guys out in the eastern part of North Carolina...

I was wondering if the economy is as bad out in the Charlotte area... Raliegh.... or Winston Salem areas as it is here in the extreme Western area........

I really want to expand but the places are closing and pinching pennies.........

Tough times here........

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Indiana I'm in the northwestern part of the state and our economy is thriving. PM me if you want more info.

3. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Thinks are kind of bad in the Foothills right now furniture, textile, fibre optic and cable plants laying off right and left.

Kelly

4. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Hey Indiana

I am in High Point NC. Things here have been slow for over a year. We have seen a serious decline in add on services. (Down about 40%) But have been able to hang on to most of the regular accounts. I will be glad when the economy turns around for everybodys sake.

5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Charlotte area is so saturated....you gotta have plenty of years under your belt or a well knows name around here to pull in those new accounts.

6. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Mooresville is growing so fast.The economy is great Im glad this will be my second year,I kinda got my foot in the door.:D

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Ditto....I lost several customers in the computer industry due to lay offs. I hope this spring looks better.

8. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

asheboro area is steadily growing, north of me in greensboro is like charlotte it is saturated too. its about a 30 mile hike too greensboro so we are getting some bleed over from up there down here. the problem is that all those people that got layed off went and bought lawn mowers.......

9. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

My county consistently ranks #1 or #2 in the state for the lowest unemployment rate. Normally between 1 and 2 percent. IMO thats a sign of a very strong local economy. Only drawback is that finding help can be a challenge. Another reason why I'm solo.

10. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

are you close to asheville LAWNS AND MOWER ?