Eastman 21" mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TXLAWNBOY, Apr 4, 2006.

1. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

Any of you guy's seen one of the commercial Eastman 21" mowers? Kawi. commercial engine, opt. blade brake, 2-in-1 mulcher/bagger. They look to be built like tanks, was just woundering if any of you have seen/used one?

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Never used one but my old shop was right across the street from there manufacturing facility. The owner invited me over one day to look around, real nice guy. The mowers are in fact tanks, very well built IMO. They are a little on the heavy side. I would definatly buy one when I am in the market for a new 21", probably would be the last one I would ever buy.

3. TXLAWNBOY

Hey LB where in Maine are you, I have family up there.

4. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I'm in Portland, where your family??

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I've seen 21" eastmans on ebay. Godawful expensive though.

6. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

I tried one out at the EXPO show in Louisville last Oct. They ARE built like tanks--heavy aluminum deck. The one I tried had a three speed transmission---Which I didn't like. The speeds seemed spaced wrong for my use.
    I think I would prefer the non-propelled version, except that usually there are places that the transmission comes in handy (it IS heavy!!! :eek: ). Also, they are expensive!:eek: :eek:

7. TXLAWNBOY

LB, My family is in Cape Elizabeth, it's my grandma, aunt & uncle, and cousins. Who is your dealer? My cousin works for one of the dealers there. My other aunt & uncle and cousins are Greenland, NH right by Portsmouth, my cousin there is a police officer for Portsmouth.

8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmmn. Seems like two conversations are going on here. ha.

The non propelled eastman doesn't sound like something someone would want. It's got two strikes against it, it's heavy, expensive, and it's tireing to push something like that! :dizzy:

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Only the self propelled unit is heavy. Their push mowers aren't bad at 78 pounds for the Honda and 88 pounds for the Kawi. WIth 7 and 8 inch tires (complete with grease fittings) they shouldn't be too bad to push around.

The SP unit is 130 pounds.

http://www.hovermower.com/eastmancommercial.htm

10. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Cape Elizabeth is real close to me, we have a few customers there. I usually deal with Chad Little for dealers but if need be I stop into Yerxas (only if I have to :laugh: ). Who is your cousin??