Easy Ad vs Flyers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by superpack84, Feb 11, 2007.

1. superpack84

superpack84 LawnSite Member

What is better? Placing your ad in the Easy Ad, or doing door to door flyers?

2. superpack84

superpack84 LawnSite Member

Seems like with easy ad it just goes to every house?

3. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

I'd go with door-to-door flyers, nothing good comes easy in this world you have to work for it, get a load of flyers and go door-to-door, it will pay off!

4. Robert S

Robert S LawnSite Member
    from tx

do you actually knock on the door?or just tape it on it.i may try this how bout to the houses that have high grass?

5. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

how about doing both? thats what im doing this year. placed an add in the local newspaper(comes out every thursday to every house in my town) and ill also pass out about 1500-2000 flyers as well. im looking to get quite a few new customers this year.

6. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

im going to try 2000 flyers this year and im going to try to get a phone book add! im also going to get about 50 yard signs made up and scatter them all over the place! like telephone polls and such. those are my marketing strategies so far...

7. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

be careful with the yard signs..i kno in jersey you need a permit or license to put out advertising like that

8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Do the ad in the paper and hand out flyers in areas you want to work in.

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah if your just starting out ad in paper and flyers is a good cheap way to go and you will get good results.

10. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I have always had great luck with flyers. Just stick them in the door handle or in the door. No need to knock on every door. That will take you way to long. I usually get my son and neighbors kid to help me do this. it usually takes us 6 - 8 hours per thousand flyers.