Easy Money For Lawn Boys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, Sep 26, 2004.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

OK here is my one post that I will share a secret that you can use to make some quick money. I call it lawn painting. Thats right you paint messages in the lawn for people. Happy B-Day, Happy Anniversary,Congrats on the new baby, and the usual, Happy Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July etc. I bought a roll of brown paper 4' by long, from a surplus store and cut out the message. A few cans of 88 cent spray paint from wal-mart and your in business. Ran a 1 day add in the paper. Said let the world in on that special occasion. Now this is the best part, Its a package deal we do the painting and then come back a week later and mow the lawn to clean it up. Charge for service $175 cost of materials $5-7 plus mowing, but figured that was a good way to get my foot in the door for more services. And if your scared to use paint then use chalk but you will miss out on the mowing. payup payup payup

Mac

2. MWE

MWE LawnSite Member
    from NC

good idea!, how big do you make the letters, or is it up to the customer? do you have any pics you can show us?

3. olderthandirt

from here

Sorry no pics but the letters are about 3 ft high just like a big stencil, most people want it as a surprise so you need to have it put together and go fast so as not to be caught doing it, Takes the surprise out of it. I have the happy all in 1 sheet and the other words are also 1 sheet so I just use nails to hold the paper and spray real fast.

Mac

4. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

there is some special paint that can be used. Its made just for us lawn guys. Ill try and find the site. Anyway it doesnt get all hard like paint does or harm anything.

5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

AWESOME idea.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Mac,
    When it's my birthday, will you paint "Happy Birthday Jodi" all over your lawn? I'll even maybe give you a couple of points if you do that.. Of course, I'll need to see some pics though....lol

7. Jodi if i paint happy birthday jodi on my roof will you give me some points lol

8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Mac

Thats a good idea hope it works out well for you it beats looking at pink flamingos with a sign that says so-and-so is 104 years old today.

9. olderthandirt

from here

Sure Jodi, Date & age is all thats required so when is it and HOW OLD will you be, Oh and you can be sure there will be plenty of pics I'll even do it in bright red paint :bday:

Mac

PS. The message is for the points, $175 is for the mowing afterwards lol

10. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a pritty goog idea Mac. Thanks for sharing. May have to give it a wing as things slow down and hollidays pick up. Your a pritty fart smeller, uh I mean smart feller :waving: