Easy question: How much to charge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by christoff, Feb 24, 2005.

1. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

How much to charge per acre if Im bagging with 21" walk behind, and there is minimal trimming and bloweing, and no curves or hills. say the property is a perfect square. And I can't get a bigger mower because I strictly do small residentials. thanks

C

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Id do it for $150. Why are you push mowing an acre?

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

If your doing an acre of grass, it's not a small residential. I would't use less than a 36" WB for that.

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Dude, there's not enough money in Canada to pushmow and bag an acre+ yard. Do you really need it?

5. christoff

Im expanding, so any work is better pumping gas, prices would help out a lot, thanks

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

How long do you think it would take you to do?

7. christoff

Probably a hour per arce , so $45-60 then per arce, how long does it take to mow an arce with a 36" wb

8. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

It's going to ake a lot longer than an hour to cut and bag an acre with a 21" mower. If it's a square lot your going to do at least 123 passes. Wich would work out to about 5miles. Now chances are you not going to run 5miles an hour the whole time. I think it would take you at least 2 hours in just cutting time. Now if your going to bag it :dizzy: , its going to take a hell of a lot longer. I'd say at least an extra 2 or 3 hours. I'd say charge at least $100 to make it worth your while. Most LCO would do it for half that price though becasue of better equipment. I think you'd be better of finding a few more small lots to fill up your time.

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Problem is that YOU can't charge what it would take with a 21" mower because you have the wrong eqiuipment to do such a job. So you have to charge on what it would be IF you did have the proper equipment (at least a 36" mower) to do the job.

10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Isn't enough money available. Keep yourself to .33 acres or smaller. YOu are shooting yourself in the foot killing all that time, not to mention your mower trying to do that.