1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Easy routing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MowDayton, Apr 29, 2014.

1. MowDayton

MowDayton LawnSite Member

In the past 3 weeks we've gained 75 customers. Last year I could easily route the 50 customers we had, but now that we have so many it's becoming a pain in the @ss. Last year I used google maps, but now you can only put up to 10 destinations on one map, so I can't use that anymore.

Does anyone have a solution for routing a bunch of properties? Ideally I would like to save the route and add/remove customers when needed.

Thanks in advance!

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Try scheduling software...many out there...clip will route multiple ways..gps location, neighborhood day, priority
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't want to spend the money on a good software program, then at least you should invest in Microsoft Mappoint. Many of the scheduling programs use it for their mapping. Service Assistant, Qxpress I know both use it.

Sometimes you can get a good deal online. You can enter in ALL of your properties and route them in the best order based on a start and stop point (usually your shop)

4. 360lawncare

360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Map quest has a route planner that is what we use till we get used to the route..
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i tried the mapquest app on my android phone and it just didn't work to well.. i thought it was cool that i could e-mail the route to the phone and then i was good to go.. however, I thought my phone was gonna meltdown, it shutdown and at some point it was trying to send me to mexico.. which wasn't even part of my route. :hammerhead: works good on the PC though i guess.

6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Clip offers a free unlimited demo for LCO which have less than 100 customers

click on the link below to see their new platform--it does everything you want-

http://www.clip.com/products.html

7. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

We are building this into Locqus in hopes of having it ready for snow season. But I use Streets and Trips for it now. You can add as many as you want and hit "optimize" and the magic happens, great program.

8. mhelpdesk

mhelpdesk LawnSite Member

We offer this as well. I'd love to get your feedback and see what you think.