Easy to Build Trimmer Rack Video

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnTamer, Jul 30, 2010.

1. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Hi all,
    Through the years, I have seen several members ask about trimmer rack designs, and I have often found other LCOs looking at my trimmer racks while out working. I made a short video of one of my racks and thought it may come in handy for anyone wanting to build a trimmer rack.

The broken bit of handle on the Stihl is NOT from the rack, but from it being dropped on a curb, an employee got stung by a wasp and freaked out. :laugh:

Here ya'll go

Feel free to check out the sweet vids of my Tote Gote and Minibike restorations.
  2. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool nice video and nice racks!

My handle of my Stihl is all messed up because I always put it on the rack and its tearing apart the plastic handle.

You don't have any problems with your trimming sliding back and forward all the time?
  3. LawnTamer

Nope, with the V shape of the rack, the equipment's own weight pulls it down into the V and they don't move around. If the soft, foam handled stuff rides in the V, it will start to rip it up, so I always make sure to let the shaft ride in the V with my Echo trimmers.
  4. bozymower

bozymower LawnSite Member

Nice vid. and nice rack. How tall is the rack overall?
  5. LawnTamer

26" from the top rail of the trailer where it is attached.