easy way to lube the z spray cables?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Jun 27, 2007.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

how do you guys do it?

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a notch where the cable attaches to the handle. Spray in there. Done. (Use Fluid Film).

3. ant

how about the throttle cable

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never done that one. Good question.

5. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Hose or power wash machine, Spray a lubricant Wd_40 or similiar everywhere corrosion will be an issue. Once a month at least depending on use. Throttle cable, hopper cables, metal nuts and bolts, inside wheel hubs etc...

6. ant

it is still stuck. i just got a sample of that fluid film in , going to give that a try..

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Spray WD-40 on both ends of the cable wherever it is exposed--and also on the handle pivots and the mechanism on the carbuertor that it must actuate.

If all else fails disconnect it at the end. Work it back and forth with vise locks adding lube wherever possible. If necessary, pull the cable out of its houseing tube --lube it up good-- squirt lube down the tube, and slide the wire back in.

Better yet, just stop by your lawn mower shop and buy a new one--universal type is inexpensive.

8. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Spray Fluid Film for the best protection and lubrication. I guarantee it will last longer than the other products. If you haven't tried it before and live within the Continental United States, just PM me, give me your shipping address, and I'll get a can right out to you.