eat out or pack lunch

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Brianslawn, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

just curious. you guys eat out for lunch when mowing or pack a sack lunch or go back home for lunch.

once or twice a week i'll eat out at one of the restaurants we mow, otherwise i just mow straight through and eat when im done for the day. once in a rare occasion i'll pack a lunch or get a burrito at a gas station.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

My routing and scheduling is arranged for me to stop at home for lunch.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

McDonald's dollar value menu (double cheeseburger, mcchicken, fishfilet) or Taco Bell's 89 cent soft tacos, 3 dollars/day, eat with a cup of water in the truck.

I could pack some sandwiches but then that would involve a cooler and more hassle, it's just as worth the 3 dollars.

4. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

I have a contract with a local restaraunt owner to maintain his yard,$200.00 a month on a gift card.excellent food!!!so normally if i'm in town i eat there but if not then yes i stop to eat anywhere between 11:30 an 2:00 depending on where i am and what i'm doing.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I pack a lunch - usually two coolers, one with drinks/lunch,another with drinks only. The route does not matter, just drop the tailgate for a place to sit and eat, then get on with the day's work. Doing it this way saves much time, even though I may be close to home. Further, I can pack what I want to eat, not what somebody happens to have on a menu.

6. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I don't even stop for lunch. I bring a cooler and eat a sandwich while driving to the next job. Once I start working, I hate to stop until my route is finished.

7. firefighter

firefighter LawnSite Member

I have a refrigerator and microwave in my trailer, so I take just about anything I want for lunch. I also have a porta pot.

Firefighter

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I just bring two bottles of water with me. I don't eat lunch but make up for it when I get home.

9. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

3-4 cups of coffee in the am. bottled water and gatorade during the day. silver bullets and pretzyls from 4-9. dinner at 9:15, sleep by 10.