Eating Crow

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bohiaa, Dec 9, 2005.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I get customers from time to time from the Internet.

today I had a call "from a homeowner" and he said that his regular landscaping co. couldn't make it today and he had a ton of leaves on the lawn and would I come clean it up.

He informed me that he's having a Christmas get to-gather tonight and it MUST get done.

I was pulling up pic's from the Dallas Appraisal Dist's sight But to my surprise there NOT showing the pics anymore. so I agreed, I bumped up the price a bit.

when I got there there were so many leaves I just about turned around, But I did it anyway, Thinking that maybe I could get the account.

It's a new area for me but a GREAT area.
    But Boy did I ever eat crow today.....

No question here. I just had to tell my story....

Thanks you guys are saving me thousands in therapy

2. sicklid

sicklid LawnSite Member

How did you eat crow?

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I did it to cheap

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

the term " eat crow" means you have been embarrased my either previous actions of statements...and are having to face the situation now..

5. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What did you charge? And what should you have charged? Whats done is done, but at least they should remember you.

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Did you give a price over the phone without ever looking at it? Gotta check it out first.

7. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

If nothing else, you did find a new area that you may be able to take advantage of. Tap into the potential there and pick up some accounts to make it worth it. And like stated above, they will remember what you did, and may get a return call for the new year.

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I did, I kno, I kno, I was using the Appraisal District's web site however there not showing pic's anymore, besides that leaves are kind of hard to judge anyway. Just another lesson learned. BUT I think I can get this one for next summer,

And more in the area.

Thnaks