1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

eb7001 running rough.. im at whits end..

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by General Grounds, Jan 7, 2005.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

;) well i own 12 eb7001 blowers and im pretty well schooled on small engine repair but now im totally stumped. i have 1 blower that has no Ba@@@. so i proceeded to change the spark plug, replaced air filter, gas cap. cleaned the exhaust port, even changed the muffler and carb. no oil leakin from anywhere so i doubt there and air leakin from the crank. i even took the cylinder head off and inspected the piston and rings, both looked as if brand new ( thanks to synthetic oil and super unleaded). and this thing still runns like its at half throttle, evry now and then it will speed up but than back to being bogged down. my only other chioce is to change the coil, anyone out there think of anything i may have missed? thanks tony
  2. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe a partially blocked fuel filter or line.
    Was it like this when new?
  3. General Grounds

riches, the blower is 4 year old and look as if new, but i also changed the line and filter thinkin the same thing. its very strange, even dealer was stumped., and the compression was good
  4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Sounds like you pretty well got everything covered so I would say to go ahead and replace the coil because thats just about the only thing it could be if everthing else is ok. Hope this helps.
  5. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Swap a coil off a known good blower and try it first before laying out the cash.
    Corrosion on a magnet will sometimes make coil act up.
  6. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Swap the carb from one that's running your problem should be over. There's a small sreen inside the carb that.s gets stopped up.If thats the problem just replace the carb it cost about 43.00 that's about the same price to have a shop rebuild one .The carb # is Walbro WYK-123-1 or Red Max # T 4012-81000.
  7. General Grounds

j&r, i have a brand new out of the box carb on the unit, still nothin.
  8. rockytopp

rockytopp LawnSite Member

It sounds as though all of the advice should have cured the problem for you, just a couple things not mentioned, Key in fly wheel for slop or looseness, and one thing I found along time back was that the magnet was leaking through hair line cracks in the fly wheel itself. other than that I would tend to go with coil or plug wire from coil.. good luck.
  9. kkat

kkat LawnSite Member

hey general grounds /// just a thought but put a leak tester on it, both the carb and the crankcase, you might be sucking in air from ?????
  10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Tried the coil yet? thats what cured mine