Eb8510

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnPro19, Feb 20, 2008.

1. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

ok i know this will either start a huge controversy are somebody on here is gonna say do a search... but i just want to hear from the people who actually own an EB8510 and honest opinions...not from the people who heard from so and so(no offense)... thanx

2. LawnPro19

come one i know someone has owned one..i need to know im going buy a new blower tommorow

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Big, bad and blue, Shindaiwa’s new EB8510 is the most powerful 4-stroke backpack blower currently available on the market. With a 79.7-cc displacement and 4.3-hp. (3.2 kW) at 7,500 rpm, the EB8510 generates a 203-mph air speed and 952-cfm air volume. It features a chrome-plated cylinder with 2-ring piston design, a durable 2-staged air filter system with extra-large surface area, and excellent fuel economy versus the equivalent 2-stroke. With the EB8510, it’s business as usual with 50:1 mix, so no dipstick is needed:waving:

4. KarambaStar

KarambaStar LawnSite Member

If you waited a bit, you could get a EB8520. It's the upgraded 8510, same engine but with some new features including much better padding & back support. Here's a picture of it beside the new EB802.

12345.jpg

5. LawnPro19

what is the EB802 is it new?? and when does the new EB8520 come out and what will be the differences?? thanx

6. LawnPro19

im sorry i just relaized you already said the differences between the 8510 and the 8520

7. KarambaStar

KarambaStar LawnSite Member

I don't know when the 8520 will be available from dealers.
    The EB802 is the upgrade for the EB630. It has a 2-cycle engine.

8. walkerowner06

walkerowner06 LawnSite Member

Hey Karamba, what website did you get that picture off of?

9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

what is the price on the eb802:waving:

10. davidcentralflorida

davidcentralflorida LawnSite Member

hello;
    first sorry for the late reply, iv been on vacation. now to your answer, i have had the shiny big boy for six or seven months. i used it all or most of the last season. its a brute, you can stand in the middle of the road and blow both ways it will clean cob webs from 15 ft away. with a little breeze, blowing a parking lot can be done with the debris twenty or thirty feet from you. what im saying is ITS POWERFUL.

the down side is its heavy, like wearing scuba gear. i bought it when my sthil went down. now that i have both, and sthil is running. i use the shiny on bigger jobs and the sthil on small driveways. it would be difficult to say if i had to choose between them. if i were you id look at the newer bigger sthil models, i have a 420 magnum. i hope all this helps you out. david