ebay auction

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by NC_Irrigator, Nov 21, 2006.

1. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

2. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

....and they still can't spell 'axle'

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

It almost looks too pretty. I'd hate to be the first one to spill something on it. :)

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

i'll tell ya,

i really would like to do away with 'long trailers' i think for stick pvc installers out there the perfect set up is

a diesel 3500 crew cab service body single axle truck. with custom over head pipe racks & ratcheting straps. vise on the back bumper. and a flange mounted on the back bumper for your jumping jack tamper to sit on.

alot of employees cant and have a hard time backing up big trailer setups.

just get a small <heavy duty>single axle trailer for your trencher and keep the rest on the truck.

Although if you do alot of out of town installs or big jobsites an enclosed 21' or larger is great to leave on a jobsite, chain up the wheels of course....

i operate out of two vans right now, i love being high and dry with everything inside but im 6'2 and its tough jumping in and out while doing installs. id love to add a service body truck next spring.
    just my 2cents

6. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Neiborhoods these days are built so close together its sometime hard to pull a single axle trailer in them much less a 25 foot trailer.
    Like Koster said, a truck with a service body is just about the best set up you can get.

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

We use 3 trucks with service bodies and one cube van (ambulance style).

I wouldn't want that trailer.

That said, I could see it being handy if you were a landscaper and also did irrigation, you could pull it with a mason dump. We just do irrigation, so the trucks work great.

As far as maneuvering trailers, In my opinion the larger the better, as long as the drawbar is sized right. Its a lot easier to back our 20' tandem compared to our 16' single axle.