ebay deal

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by charmill26, Apr 12, 2007.

1. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

ok so here's the deal. this lady has been listing this package for quite a while and continues to go down in price because no one will bid on it. the equipment doesn't seem to be in real good shape but i figure i could go look at it before i bid on it to make sure it runs. if everything is in good working order and just needs some maintenance do you think this would be a good deal if i talked her down to 4500 or 5000? thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/Entire-Lawn-Ser...5QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50377QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Kinda a hard to tell from the pictures. The hard to tell what condition the equipment is in, I agree the appearance in not really the best. It might be worth your while to offer her $4,500 to $5,500.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah without knowing the actual hours on the mowers and the way they have been maintained I'm not sure if there worth what she is asking. I also don't like the gloating she is doing over her, I assume ex hubby. She seems to love the fact that she stole all of his equipment and put him out of business.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, unfortunately there are too few Lco's this year, too many went out of business, and just now the demand for work is starting to pick up.

I guess she's skru'd, but it's well worth the 6k...
    Ztr: $3000 (a 60"? Dont they sell new for like 8000+?) Lots of hours, you guys seem to want everything at 90% off thou.
    Scag, blowers and trimmers: $2000 EASY, 400 hours = 1-2 years of full-time use.
    Trailer: $1000 EASY, that's no 6x12 single axle, it's a 16-footer dual axle.

It's worth 5-6k without the trailer in my book.

I didn't care for all the bs and hype either, but that seems to be the norm on ebay.
    If I were in her shoes I'd hang on to it until business booms again, guess you'd have to be an Lco to sense this thou.

But, if you can steal it, go for it.

5. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

yea i figure she could get alot more for it and i'd be willing to pay more if she had at least cleaned em up. i have no use for the ztr so i figure i could get about 3000 for that

6. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

without looking at the equiptment in person, checking it out and running it is impossable to know what it its worth. on anouther note, my little pet peeve about ebay (starting price $6000 no reserve) question, isn't that a reserve.

7. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

The thing that gets me is the starting bid is the same as the buy it now price
    This isnt a no reserve auction in my mind

Reminds me of the guy that sold his ex wifes wedding dress awhile back

8. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

IMO, All the cards are not on the table. This soap opera, continues.

9. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

i'd really like to know why the heck the equipment fell into her hands, and if it was unreasonable, give a price of, say, 2.5k for the BS factor:)

10. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

it bothers me that she wants a 4k deposit within 48hrs especially with the excuse of owing her parents money