ebay irrigation

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by NC_Irrigator, Nov 2, 2003.

1. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I pulled this from ebay, never seen a sales tactic like this one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2961837580&category=317

Need a Sprinkler System? Installed?! MGP Landscaping Inc. guarantees all work and workmanship for one full year. Get your Sprinkler System installed before Winter comes.

You are bidding on a (3) zone Sprinkler System Installed in your yard which will cover approximately 7500 sq. ft. lot.

Final bid price includes installation of a (3) zone sprinkler system with a maximum of 10 sprinkler heads per zone and installation of one automatic clock.

All work is guaranteed for one full year.

We work in Colorado Springs, Co. and surrounding areas ONLY.

Colorado Springs

Falcon

Monument

Palmer Lake

Black Forest

Castle Rock

Larkspur

Manitou Springs

If your town is not listed above and you live less then 30 miles from Colorado Springs then you are within our work area.

Questions? Please E-Mail us

Our company has over 6 years experiance in all phases of landscaping in the Colorado Springs area.

Referrences and photos of our work are available for you to check into upon request.

This offer is good for new Homes only and excludes replacement of an existing Sprinkler System.

Winning Bidder must contact MGP Landscaping Inc. at end of Auction to set up an appointment.

A contract must be signed between Winning Bidder and MGP Landscaping Inc. for warranty purposes.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

That is funny.

I live and work in the C. Springs area but am not sure who that company is. I would love to find a job where the soil is hard as hell, maybe Manitou or the Peregrine area, and sub that out to him. But most homes here are above 3 zones. Most of the homes would be 4-6 for just the tract homes. But $1400 (minimum bid) should still make you some good money.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

He also has 2 spelling errors in his description. Sorry, I'm now being too technical.

It doesn't list if the home must be stubbed out first or not. Will they include it? Is he licensed for cross-connection in both El Paso County AND Douglas County (which is where Castle Rock is)?

It just seems too weird to try and sell on EBAY.

4. NC_Irrigator

from NC

yeh i dont think he'll be getting many bids

5. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

he is trying new things...

you never know how far one can go until somebody goes too far and something bad happens...

hey, maybe he is a forward thinker...don't bash him, give the guy some credit...

brian

6. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Well that is funny and pretty smart I think. You never know. After I looked at it I would somin like dat fer some maintance. Like offer a bid on a spring startup or winterizing. It is cheap advertizing.

7. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

Dana- I've never heard of that company either..........

8. NC_Irrigator

from NC

i am not bashing him-

9. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

people thought columbus was 'weird' b/c he stated the world is round.

have an open mind...try something new everyday....you never know what might catch on...like the 'internet'.

brian

10. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Check out the sellers other items! lol-- cosmetics.

I can picture this....

"Honey, I'm selling a lot of perfume here on e-bay and I think you should try to sell a sprinkler system on it...."

"Yeah, okay. (pops the top on a cold one) Whatever...."

She has the good idea! Sell it wherever possible.

And if people are buying homes, cars, and yachts on e-bay there's certainly opportunity to sell sprinkler systems.