1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

ebay mower ripoff

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitylandscaping, Jul 26, 2004.

1. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

What shame, you can buy that brand new for 1500$ less.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I know there great mower's but not that good.

4. Stevo3176

Stevo3176 LawnSite Member
    from LI

It was sold so he jacked the price read the description.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Steve, it's worth whatever some idiot is willing to pay for it. I sell stuff all the time, when advertising it I never start out at the price I want. I always price stuff high just incase somebody who is desperate might be looking to buy. If you need the money and are desperate to sell then you are in a bad spot and have to price low. You can always go down but it's very difficult to go up.

6. POBOY

POBOY LawnSite Member

I saw this in the paper I was thinking about calling him he wants 2000.00. But being that I bought a 61"yazoo/kees I don't have the extra money now. I have read so good things about them I need a smaller mower for some of my accounts. One other guy wants 2800.00 for a brand new one he won in a contest. But still no money.....

7. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I know that to be the truth. I go to the flea market all the time, almost every weekend. There are 3 goods ones within 20 miles of here. The pricing in the last year or so has gone crazy. People wanting and getting more for a used warn out item than you can go to Wal-mart and get it brand new in the box for. People see it at the flea market and thank it is a good price because it is at the flea market. A few months back this man had a Skill Saw new in the box for $50. I just happened to be in on of my moods and I went to him and said, "Home Depot has that on sell for $34.95." He looks at me and says" Be quit, where do you thank that one came from?" and then pulls back a sheet on the truck and there is a dozen or so new in the box.

I have some ocean front property on Mars if any one is interested and if you act now I will throw in the Brook-land Bridge at no extra cost.:alien:

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Steve, and if the guy can't sell the saws he can always take them back to Walmart for a full refund. Talk about low overhead, now Walmart will be calling him a scrub. I was in Michigan today and saw some bicycles at Target that I know I could sell for more than the sticker price here on Ontario.