eBay ripoff!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steve1, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

I saw this first and was very suspicious due to the low "Buy it Now" Price. The guy wanted $2000 up front via Western Union after which he would ship and await payment.

Kubota ZD-28 #1

Then, after a lengthy email exchange in which he wrote things like this: "i`m sorry for you but in this moment someone tell me that him will pay for this mower $2000 first via Wu.I wait your decision because if you don`t want to pay i will sell to another buyer.
    best regards and sorry because you lose your time", I found the following link on eBay:

Kubota ZD-28 #2

As you can see, 'both' tractors are the SAME unit. It is a scam! One lists it as being in N.Y., the other in Dallas, Tx.

Beware! I also contacted eBay about the scammer.

2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

yep sounds like a scam to me...thanks for the tip

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

4. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting, isn't it? It's possible that the Dixon guy is legit and that the other one is a fraud OR, that both are frauds.

I've contacted eBay about the first item (the one ZD-28 for $5000 Buy It Now) and I also contacted the gdixon guy as well.

Buyer beware!

5. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

they try to rip people off on snowmobiles all the time hardcoresleder.com has a scam fourm for that stuff...

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

The second guy gdixon always have brand new kubota and Deere stuff for sale. Everything has 10 hours or less. His house is in everypicture. He buys the stuff the local dealers can't sell. Then sell it on ebay.

7. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

did he sign with the name of "Nico Cheruti"?
    I had an interesting experience with ebay as well

8. Steve9

Steve9 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Great! I just bought a proslide. Havent heard a peep from the guy since i pay pal'd him! I think i have a guarantee or something if i use pay pal.

9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Yeah, you can get your money back with no problem. First off, he must ship within 7 days of receiving payment. If he doesn't he's screwed. Second, PayPal will ask him for a tracking number showing it has been delivered to the "confirmed address", if he didn't, again, he loses. Futhermore, the tracking number must be trackable online. So he can't produce some bogus tracking # and expect to get anywhere with it.

PayPal's buyer protection policy is pretty solid for the buyer. I wouldn't worry too much if it doesn't show up.

10. DEA

DEA LawnSite Member

I belive the scammers take the unsold listing and repost it on e bay.
    I receiced a second chance offer on a Exmark Viking that didn't sell.Looked like the real deal from e bay but I noticed a different seller name.
    I asked the seller to meeet me in Cinn. Oh. for pickup.He replied back that he was leaving for London in a couple of days.But would ship it for free!!!
    Isn't the Pay Pal protection only good for up to $500.00?