Ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec32, Feb 15, 2003.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Just sold my 98 Exmark Lazer Z HP 18hp 48" with 1053 hours on Ebay. Buyer bought it at my "buy it now) price of $3499.00. I also had at least 3 other offers via email to buy it if the guy who won the auction didn't come through. I was very pleased, since I drove it out 4 1/2 years ago for just $6250. So it cost me just $611/season for using a great mower.

Another reason I would highly recommend Exmark Lazers, and I would suggest that anyone needing to sell equipment consider getting their Ebay feedback rating higher through small transactions so they can sell for top dollar. I was amazed by the response I got in just one day.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda makes ya wish you would have asked for more.

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

yep, heck I thought it was worth $3000. And to someone in the business, that's about it. I forgot about homeowners with big lots. They need a mower like this but can't/won't spring for $6500 to get a new one. Even a used one will last a lifetime if you're only mowing 30 times a year.

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I havent sold any mowing equipment on ebay yet but I did sell a camper and almost got as much as I paid for it 8 years ago. I also tried to sell a car on ebay twice, but both times the buyers nevey came thru and it cost me $42.00 each time with refunded money that ebay refunds if buyers dont buy. Anyone want a car?

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm always looking at eBay for lawn items. I just bought a 5lb roll of Gatorline for $15 plus $10 shipping. I also got a Stihl saw, Shindaiwa trimmer, Passport radar detector, and many other things.

6. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a guy on ebay last nite selling out his equipment, 60' 25hp Lazer, 48' TT walkbehind with ECS controls and two wheel sulky, trimmers, blowers, and tandem 16ft trailor, bid last nite was 2400, everything looked nice, well worth alot more than that...Marks Mowing Service

7. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

Inches not feet. LOL