1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

Is there a lot of mowers for sale on ebay? If so, how are u searching for them, i cant seem to come up wiht any when i search.
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

search for brand names like scag, exmark, gravely, hustler, walk behind mower, zero turn mower. etc.....
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Or do an even more generic search and simply type in MOWER. Then sort by highest price first and you should come up with tons of results.
  4. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

5. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I usally use "Commercial Mower" ,, "walk behind mower" or "ZTR mower". they usally get a good outcome fore me.

and if that fails do what proenterprises said, search for brand name, Scag, Ransomes, Bunton, Exmark.......ect.
  6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

i've never had a problem finding mowers. same advice here - use brand names, works every time. it will even bring up a bunch of accessories (striping kits, baggers etc)
  7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

They are always on there. We sell mowers all the time on there. Home & garden/equipment/power equipment/mowers :p
  8. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

"commercial mower" search. I bought my latest mower on ebay. A 60" lesco w/b 1 yr old for $2,000 and had to pick it up in GA (380 mi). Work slowed down so I had the time to travel. Stayed overnite, swam in indoor pool @ hotel and write expences off taxes
  9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

nice deal man-wish i was able to get a hold of those cross country deals. never have the time to go anfd fetch them....but youve got to love em.

10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats how i have seen walk behinds. I just type in Walk behind lawn mower. Not with a S just mower