Ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Knox Lawns, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Knox Lawns

Knox Lawns LawnSite Member

What price on Ebay would you start with for a 2003 Exmark 36in. Metro with ECS. It has about 60hrs. on it and new set of jungle wheels scully. Any infomation you could give me on this, thanks.

2. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

How much do you want for it? Are you willing to ship the mower or at least palletize it and deliver it to a trucking terminal?

3. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

I'd be interested in the sulky, are you willing to sell it seperately?

4. Knox Lawns

Im looking for a price to start on Ebay Do I take 700 less then I payed for it or 1000 less And buyer would need to pick up. Not interessted in selling sulkey seperately

5. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

I would start it at $1000 below what you paid for it. However if you are not willing to help with the shipping process (with the buyer paying for shipping) IMO you are wasting your time putting it on ebay. The ones that bring the highest price are the ones that the seller will palletize or crate and deliver to a shipper, and I have been watching this for months. Good Luck

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Since your not willing to ship the item, I would suggest listing in one of those local classified papers. The buyers would all be local.

7. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I agree. Most potential bidders will require shipping before bidding on it. I build small block chevy engines for street rodders and drag racing applications as a hobby. I sell these engines on Ebay occassionally and If I don't offer to palletize the engine and take it to a freight terminal most people will not bid. They are not willing to drive for more than 100 miles or so to pick-up an item.

8. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto, youll get a better price (more bids) if you accomidate with shipping.

9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

1. You will get more for them if you sell the sulky and mower seperately. Not everyone needs both. So you'd be throwing in the sulky on the mower deal for many buyers. that reduces the price.

2. you will get less for it if you are not willing to ship it, since that greatly reduces your pool of bidders. You will get more if you are willing to deliver within a set radius yourself and charge an appropriate fee. Many people in the market for a entry level mower like this would be home users and they may not have the ability to pick it up.

3. If your Ebay feedback is not strong and you don't have a track record, you will get far less than you would if you had lots of good feedback. This is a lot of cash to trust somebody on. Of course if your terms include COD that's not a factor, but you may also find a bidder rejecting it upon inspection if they dont' have any money at risk.

It might be worth $1500 to the right buyer for the mower, and maybe $100 for the sulky. What are they, about $2300 new on sale?

10. Knox Lawns

I think the best thing to do is to just sell it in the local paper. But thanks for the help. It gives me a price range.