EBZ8000 vs PB751

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mark_the_psycho, Nov 20, 2007.

1. mark_the_psycho

mark_the_psycho LawnSite Member

Which one's better? I'm thinking the pb751 because it move 1260cfm

2. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Check out the new echo PB-755 that replaced the 751. I love my echo's and wouldnt buy another kind of blower. The echo is an awsome unit and is not too heavy.

3. BOSCHERT LAWN CARE

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

im a redmax fan so you know my opinion!! and 2 year commercial warranty says somethig to me!

4. mark_the_psycho

mark_the_psycho LawnSite Member

redmax only has a 2 year comm/res warranty, echo has 2 year comm and 5 year res

5. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

if you want the strongest blower get the 8000 bottom line. its a dead fact. if your looking at weight then the br600 is awesome. the eb8510 shindaiwa shows better specs but the redmax still wins no matter how you trim down the high speed tip.

6. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have several brands that we use Stihl BR600,TANAKA7800,Echo 755 and alot of Redmax 8000's and will say that the Echo is a nice blower but raw power you cant touch the Redmax and of the 4 brands the Echo 755 is least powerful in my opinion as far as full blown raw power they go as follows
    1. Redmax 8000
    2.Stihl BR600
    3.Tanaka 7800R
    4 Echo 755T

As far as all around comfort and easy starting the Stihl 600 wins hands down in my opinion.The Echo,Redmax and Tanaka are all 2 Year Commercial and the only downfall to the Stihl is a 1 year warranty and alot of guys have had valve problems but a good dealer will take care of you I had 1 Exchanged that was 2 months old that wouldnt start.So all in all I like the Stihl the best even though I just bought another Redmax for leaf cleanups.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing in the way of a backpack is even close to the Redmax 8000/8001.
    That being said, I prefer the 8001.

This is coming from having owned the top blowers from the major brands and having ran them side by side.

So if the most power is what you want, you know what to get.
    The PB751's are nice blowers though.
    Very ample, very nice features, and very comfortable for a blower and the weight of it.

I was happy with Echo blowers, except the fact they are no longer king... and more importantly, because (for me) they were not reliable. That's why I quit buying them. But in fairness there, I have since learned that it is a possibility that my issues might have been caused by locals sneaking ethanol/methanol in the gas, which does not have to be posted at the pump.

8. xxl

xxl LawnSite Member
    from MO

But if you check the spec echo puts out close to the same cfms as redmax evan a bigger housing cfm

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Why do you prefer the 8001 over the 8000?

Redmax website shows the 8000 being slightly more powerful than the 8001.
    943 cfm to 915 cfm for the 8001.
    I am trying to decide which one to buy-- and whether to buy it this year lol
    I

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I would worry about the reliability.Are they more reliable for 2008??