ebz8000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brendan Smith, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought my red max ebz 8000 today, and man is that thing BAD AZ$!!!!!!

i was playing around with it in my own yard and was actually stripping live leaves off of a dogwood tree. $584 tax inc., but worth every penny. i can't wait for clean-up season now :weightlifter:

2. justinc

justinc LawnSite Member

I just used my 7001 for the first time today. Got it for 415.99 delivered to my door. Lots of power, can't imagine what the 8000 is like. Im looking forward to cleanups as well.

3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i was playing with it today and was blowing old, matted pinestraw like 30' out of a flowerbed. the only thing i'm not used to is feeling like i have one of the ghostbusters backpacks on. or maybe a full alice pack. the LARGE one. loaded for a 14 day l.r.r.p. patrol. in the mountains. steep mountains. :laugh:

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

My 7001 arrived today also, I cant get over the power of it. I didnt go with t he 8000...... another member said if you were gonna wear it 5 hours or more on a job.....it was a little 2 heavy. That is why I went with the 7001. I bet that 8000 is baddddddd

wayne

5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive got both the Stihl BR-600 and the Redmax 8000. Stilh is 8 lbs lighter but Id want the redmax with me in a leaf fight.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: I agree :laugh:

They say it weighs 24.9 lbs, which is less than the PB-751.
    They also lie....

Put it on the bathroom scales for me.
    I want to know what it really weighs....

(I'm going with a conservative guess of 30 lbs)

7. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

We really like our 8k's - a must for blowing down large areas - makes quick work of it.

Couple of issues we have had:

1. The screw that mounts the air-conditioned frame to the engine housing is forever coming loose - but I undertand that there is a fix for that under warranty.

2. One of our units shot out the spark plug - stripping the threads. Got it short-blocked under warranty.

I would like to give the Stihl and the Big Blue Shin a whirl for comparison.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I had the chance to try out a shindy last week, nothing here to blow at the time though, It really feels comfy on the back, and if its near the 30 pound mark, they have engineered it so it feels good on the back. The main thing that I didnt like about the shindy was the price, and rumor has it that a small belt works the valves on that engine, I cant confirm that though. 540 bux just turned me off

wayne

9. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I currently have 2 EB 630's. I have demoed a BR 600, WOW, very comfortable, very powerful, and very quiet. The only thing that was a little strange to me was the tube on the 600 was much shorter than the EB 630.

I'm wanting to demo a Shindy 4 stroke, not sure of the model, to see how it compares to the BR 600.

If someone has ran both the BR 600 and the Shindy 4 stroke, let me know which one you liked better.

I would like to go with the Shindy so I can stay with one dealer, but boy that 600 was nice.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Good thing it is shorter you can't get the end tube off without a tool to work in close areas.....bad problem that needs to be solved.