1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ecco Emergency lighting???

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Greenman2ooo, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

Just wondered if any of you have had experience with their products? I like the fact they have the suction cups with magnets inside of them to protect my truck.

Anyone have any comments good or bad about them? Also, do you prefer rotating lights or strobes and why? Thanks!
  2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Strobes are much better at night, than during the day. During the day rotary is the way to go. However rotary lights draw a lot more power than strobes, so depending on your alternator strobes may be the better choice.

We run all strobes on our trucks. I can tell you no matter how many lights you got on a truck, people are still going to cut you off, back out in front of you, go around you, get to close to you, ect.

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree! People just don't seem to care that we're working so THEY can get around.

I've currently got a Highlighter (Rotary) on my truck, and I'm planning on adding clear strobes in my front cornering lamps, and my reverse lights. That way, I've got the best of both worlds.