Echo 210 Weed Trimmer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by SellingIron, Aug 11, 2010.

1. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

Guys, I have a 1 year old Echo 210 trimmer that will not start. I'm getting spark and the plug is wet so I'm assuming its getting gas. When I try and start the trimmer, It sounds like its getting no spark or fuel. Any Ideas.

2. Indyplower

Indyplower LawnSite Member

Will it fire if you put a squirt of stating fluid in the air filter?
    If yes, your not getting fuel.

If no, then change the spark plug it's cheap and it may be fouled.

let us know how that goes and we can go from there.

Mike

3. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Stick a new plug in it then pull the air filter and give it a shot of flammable carb/choke cleaner and see if will fire. If it will run a very short time on it then you likely have a fuel related problem. You may also want to check the intank fuel filter to make sure it is allowing sufficient fuel flow.

I thought Echo had a 3 year warranty on homeowner equipment so you may want to check with the dealer before you tear anything down. If you bought it at a Big Box Store--good luck.

4. Indyplower

Indyplower LawnSite Member

echo's loose the vacum at the black plug, 3 hose connection to the fuel tank.

it's $11. to replace it.

you can also pump the fuel bulb and see if you have suction there, if you don't see the fuel moving in the bulb when you release it, i would check the seal, fuel lines and filter, it's a cheap fix and it will run like brand new if thats it.

Good luck

5. SellingIron

from FTE

Thanks guys for the help. I will try it all and see what works. I did notice some cracking by the three gas lines, but when I primed the ball I notice gas bubbles going through.. Now that I think about it, the 210 model mite be my blower. Either way I will give it a shot. Thanks Again and I will post my findings.

6. SellingIron

from FTE

Its a SRM-210 Trimmer. I just put some Hi-Temp gasket sealant on the rubber grommet...

7. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Don't waste your time with the silicone. You can buy a new tank grommet for a couple of bucks and with new fuel lines you're back to new.

8. SellingIron

from FTE

Well replaced the plug and that didn't fix it. I sprayed starter fluid in the air filter and it fired right up. Fuel grommet and line next..

9. SellingIron

from FTE

POS!!!! Installed new Spark plug, New gromment fuel line assy. Still not starting. Spray starter fluid and it will start right up. Gas doesn't smell bad??What am I missing??:hammerhead:

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Take the carb apart and clean it up with carb cleaner. Souldn't be any damage on parts after only a year.