Echo 230 handle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by S&M Landscapes, Nov 14, 2013.

1. S&M Landscapes

S&M Landscapes LawnSite Member

Looks as thought they have re-designed the throttle and handle grip on the 230, last ones I bought still had the foam handles. Maybe I'm out of tune or was this change recent? Anyone used this trigger/new handle?

[​IMG]

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Yes, it was recent. Part of a molded handle, less chance of triggers snagging and breaking, better vibration dampening.

3. S&M Landscapes

S&M Landscapes LawnSite Member

Thanks. It looks like a better design.

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

This should also be the new handle on all of the Echo trimmers, not just the 230, but other models aside from the 225 may take longer to cycle through previos stock.

5. echoman72087

echoman72087 LawnSite Member

I hate the new grip. It`s not soft, It feels bigger. It feels square at the bottom. The throttle pull is harder and shorter. Viberation is terrible. I`m thinking about taking the grip off my old PAS 230 and putting it on my new one. I won`t buy another echo if it has this new grip.

6. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Should of bought a Stihl, Redmax, or a Husquavarna, anything but an Echo.

7. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

I do not get this hatred of Echo, mine have ran great. Husqvarnas have always felt cheap to me. Stihl is great though

8. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love the new handle it is great!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Edit: it's also on my 230 and it's comfortable and more comfortable, better vibration control, and easier to use