1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Echo 260

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whiteclifflawn, Jun 13, 2005.

1. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I am needing some trimmers, but not really looking for any more $500 ones, I love my t270s, but the new 272 suck, and I think I can really get by with a 260. But I am just tuned off by nearly the whole shindawia line since they went with the big muffler. I am really leaning toward a echo s260. feels good, looks good, how do they last? I am looking to buy three, so I want them to be quality. any info would be great.
  2. MercyMe

MercyMe LawnSite Member

We have run the Echo SRM-260S's now for several years and love them. They actually were called SRM-2601's back then.

We are going to try the new SRM-261T high torque model as we have heard from other LCO's that it is a beast.
  3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Give the Redmax BCZ2600s a try. excellent trimmer. 11.2 Lb's 25.4 cc engine. I use them myself. The tap heads can be run on the ground without letting string out, which I like. Cut some big stuff with them. You can get pole saw, Hedgetrimmer attachments for them also. about 300.00 dollars. 2yr warranty.grease fitting on gear case. Good Luck
  4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Mine has been running strong fo 3 yrs now.
  5. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

SRM 260 is a very good trimmer, the Redmax 2600 is maybe a little better.

Want a trimmer to make you forget the T270? Get a Redmax BCZ3000! Lighter, smoother,and more powerful than an old T270 Shin, and for about $330.
  6. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

If you want a light trimmer for every day use go with the 210, the 260 is awesome on power but will kill your arms after a day of use. Pro heads are a must on any echo.
  7. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have had problems with my 260 trimmers. The 2601 series were very good to me, but the newer stuff has given me some problems. I would not go to a 210 if you are use to a T270, that is going to be a significant power drop off for sure. I really can't imagine being overly fatigued by weilding around a 260, they seem pretty light to me, certainly lighter then a T270. I would go with another Shidaiwa, or find a Redmax dealer before going Echo again. I would even go Stihl first. Good luck.
  8. gavinslawncare

gavinslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have all echo i love them i still have the first one i ever bought and it still runs like its was new i think you would be very happy with them :waving:
  9. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the newer echo last year; I think it was the 210; It was smooth, but it would try to pull itself to the grass a lot. This might be because I have been using clockwise rotation trimmers for years. Also, the non serviceable/replaceable EPA carb---after so many hours ??-- did not impress me. I returned it. If I buy new again, It will be Red Max.
  10. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Might want to check the weights on those Echo models. The 260S is one tenth of a pound "heavier" than a 210 ! If an ounce and a half makes a difference, try bookkeeping :) :)