ECHO 260U Brushcutter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S.W.T.1975, Jul 16, 2007.

1. S.W.T.1975

S.W.T.1975 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have an Echo 260 Brushcutter? Do you like it? If not I'm open to ideas in the 350-450 price range.

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Honda has a 35cc 4cycle for about $400.

3. S.W.T.1975

The Honda looks ok, I don't know if I have a local dealer though

4. saw man

from utah

You dont know if you have a Honda dealer? better look around!!

What size of stock are you llooking to cut? Is it just grass or what? More info would help!

5. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

I looked at the Echo, good machine but I ended up with the Stihl 110 4-mix with the brush kit (blade, bike handles) because of dealer support. It ran $350.

So far, it's been a heck of a performer...really flies through the saplings and multiflora, which I have a BUNCH of.

If you're going with a blade setup, get one of the coarse-tooth varieties that you can sharpen with a round file, they are the way to go.

6. S.W.T.1975

saw man, sounds like you really like honda. I've never ran any of their trimmers/brushcutters. I live in the sticks so my choices are limited, I had to drive over an hour to buy my shindaiwa. I'll check 'em out though. I won't be clearing trees or large saplings with the cutter. Let's say everything will be smaller in diameter than a fiddy cent piece (pardon my hip-hop). Stihl, Redmax, Echo and Husq. are my easiest choices.

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I have the 230U, which works pretty well but a bit underpowered in my opinion.

If I could do it again I would have purchased the 311.

8. saw man

from utah

They arent bad, but when you get into a 35cc unit you generally spend more. I just see a lot of people buy one the is 26cc just to find out they need maore power.

I would try to stick around the 35cc or bigger cutter and go with what feels best in your hands.