Echo 280s won't start anymore. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by FrontLiner, Aug 22, 2012.

1. FrontLiner

FrontLiner LawnSite Member

I have an Echo 280s that I purchased brand new in May of 2011. I started having problems with it about a month ago. It started with the typical bogging down. I bought a carb rebuild kit, changed the fuel lines and filters, spark plug was also replaced. After all that, I had the same result. I then took the muffler off and checked for build up. There was a little carbon so I cleared that out and still the same problem persisted. I left it alone for a week and now it won't start at all. I know it is a big NO NO to use Ether on small engines but I tried anyways, still nothing.

It has spark, right fuel mixture, new fuel lines and filters, carb has been cleaned. Where do I go from here?

Also, I tried taking the muffler off and starting it and fuel was shutting out of the exhaust for a few pulls.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea where to go from here. I'm dumbfounded:hammerhead:

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

When you took the muffler off did you check to see if the exhaust was full of carbon? If 280 has a muffler screen take it out. The next step is to get the anti tamper plugs off the 2 needle valves and adjust them.