1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Echo 280T problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kietsterz, Apr 26, 2011.

1. kietsterz

kietsterz LawnSite Member

I have always using echo products. My echo 280t keep shut off on me. I have replace the short block but they still have the same problem. I think it is the carb problem but do not know how to adjust it. Would you guy help me out with this matter. Thank you.:cry:

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It could be several things. A likely culprit for these machines? (I have several Echos) The fuel cap isn't venting enough. It may need a different type of cap (venting). I've seen this several times.

3. pressley10r

pressley10r LawnSite Member
    from NC

My echos frequently have carb probs, I would look into that first

4. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

It could also be the ignition coil, or something electrical. I think it carries a lifetime warranty though. I'm no mechanic but we do need more information from you...

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

These echo units have vents on them and seldom fail in this manner. The carb has two adjusment needles and both are coverec with a plastic cap down in a hole that you can hardle see into. I take mine to dealer to get those out but have ordered the tool and will post picture when I get it. Does teh unit die in all positions ore whe you rotate it? What happened to warrant a short block? Unfortunately this model didn't have good enough filters and dust is causing ring failures.

6. kietsterz

kietsterz LawnSite Member

Look like the unit run good when it's not hot. After two or three house, the unit just shut down. And then a little while later the machine running good again. Thanks for the info guy.

7. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

What you're describing sounds like a coil problem.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

magneto ignition module